Why attend #ascpSC13?
Top 5 Reasons to Attend:
- Get the Credits You Need.
Obtain up to 15.5 continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credits, prepare yourself to become Board Certified in Geriatric Pharmacy, and experience live CGP recertification, all in one meeting.
- Better Your Business.
Learn how to strengthen and expand your practice with innovative and creative business speakers and sessions. Whether you’re new to consultant pharmacy, or hoping to grown your business, this meeting has the tools you need.
- Network & Connect.
From the exhibit hall to the golf course or the spa, this meeting offers a host of opportunities to build your network of fellow clinicians, business owners, managers, educators, and interdisciplinary team members.
- Be on the Cutting Edge.
Our lineup includes not-to-be-missed sessions on disposable waste, medical marijuana, family caregivers, medication therapy management, Alzheimer’s disease, and much more. Add your voice to the discussion.
- Make it a Vacation.
We’ve designed the meeting schedule to include time off for you to enjoy the parks and all Orlando has to offer. So go ahead, bring your family, and get a Disney vacation along with your education!
Exhibit hours are scheduled each day, at times separate from the education sessions, so you won’t have to choose between earning CE credits and the opportunity to spend time with the companies offering innovative products and services to help your business or practice thrive. Explore the exhibit hall floor plan and determine which companies you want to visit.
Note: Due to health and safety considerations, children under the age of 16 will not be admitted to the exhibit hall.
Spouse / Guest Registration
You are encouraged to register your spouse and guests accompanying you to the conference. In addition to all that the Swan / Dolphin has to offer and a variety of spectacular local attractions, they will enjoy and the benefits of being a registered spouse or guest at the conference, including:
- Admittance to all education sessions, many of which have broad appeal (sorry, no CE credit for this registration category)
- Admittance to the exhibit hall all three days
- Admittance to the Kick-Off Reception on Tuesday evening
ASCP is committed to environmental stewardship and implementing sustainable practices as an integral part of our events. Our goals are to:
- Minimize or eliminate any real or potential negative environmental impact
- Educate our staff, exhibitors, local hosts, and guests about responsible green choices they can make for their events and their own lives, both personal and professional
- Demonstrate the economic and community benefits of greening
Like many organizations, ASCP is working to deliver more environmentally responsible meetings. We hope the incremental eco-improvements we are making with our own events will offer ideas and inspire you as well.
During the planning and execution of our meeting, we will:
- Reduce paper mailings through the use of electronic communication for registration, confirmations, and surveys
- Provide each attendee with a water bottle to refill and use throughout the meeting
- Minimize the amount of signage waste through the use of plasma screens and re-usable signage wherever possible
- Provide conference materials via electronic media
Please join us in these efforts and take steps to go green and make a difference.
- All refund requests must be made in writing and postmarked no later than April 12, 2013.
- A $25 cancellation fee per registrant is charged for cancellations made by March 25, 2013.
- A $100 cancellation fee per registrant is charged for cancellations between March 26 and April 12, 2013.
- No cancellations will be refunded after April 12, 2013.
About Orlando, Florida
Orlando is one of the world's fastest-growing cities. It is among Florida's major cities and is a center for digital media and bio medicine. The City has the 9th busiest airport in the U.S. -- and did we mention the temperature is warm and sunny year round?!
Most of you may know Orlando because it is home to some of the nation's greatest theme parks, but there's lots more that the City has to offer visitors. Here is some useful information on City events and activities for you to enjoy on your visit to The City Beautiful.
- Walt Disney World (natch)
- Disney MGM
- Universal Studios
- Sea World
- Orlando Science Center
- Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens
- Ron Jon Surf Shop (Cocoa Beach)
- Wet 'n Wild
- Typhoon Lagoon water park
In addition to attractions and theme parks, there are lots of shopping opportunities, beautiful golf courses, and of course gorgeous Florida beaches.
- Florida Mall
- The Mall at Millennia
- Orlando Premium Outlets / International Drive
- Marriott's Grand Pines Golf Club
- Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Club & Lodge
- Cocoa Beach
- Daytona Beach
- New Smyrna Beach
For more information on making the most of your central Florida experience, check out VisitOrlando.com.